Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hospital~ Day 3

BORING!!!! I was pretty much bored outta my mind the WHOLE day. I kept wishing someone would call and say "Hey, we're heading up to Blank to see ya!!" but no such luck. Nothing much exciting happened today. Gabby got unhooked from her IV so she could take a little walk around the PICU. She only made it around two times before she was pooped out. We'd have to pass the elevator each time and she would try to pull me that direction. She wanted to go home!!

Brenda (her nurse) and I talked gardening for a while. She gave me some advice on what flowers would grow well in my north facing shady yard and let me know that it is still a little to early to plant my annuals. The ground is a bit too cold yet, maybe in a week or two! She also told me about a strawberry patch in Indianola where you can pick your own flat of berries. Rileigh would love that!

After I got home and got RJ to bed, my neighbor Lindsay stopped by on her way home from work. It was nice to have someone to talk to for a while!! I'm really loving my neighbors (well most of them!!) and my neighborhood! When we first moved in, there was only one boy next door and he's several years older than the girls. Since then we've gotten 3 girls and two more boys. They all get along pretty well and have so much fun together! Plus we have Charlie~ he is a retired DSM police officer that the kiddos just love!! He's always buying fun new things like scooters, old cars and old people scooters A.K.A. Hoveround (as Lindsay calls it!). He takes all the kids for rides and teaches them to drive the Hoveround. He's probably the most popular guy in the 'hood!! We love him!

Word on the street is that Gabby will probably go home on Thursday, so fingers are crossed!! Just in time for beautiful weather!! Can't beat 80 degree days in April!!

No comments:

Post a Comment