Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hospital~ Day 2

Day 2 and not much going on. Gabby is looking better and more hydrated but she still sounds pretty nasty. She's still running a fever so hopefully that'll stop soon. Not a very exciting day. I had to run home around lunch time because the hospital was out of the right kind of tubing for her g-tube. I didn't really mind! I grabbed Arby's on the way home and watched my recorded episode of The Hills that I missed the other night! I'm a loser I know! 35 year old mom's shouldn't be watching The Hills but I'm a reality junky! Admitting it is half the battle! :) Becky picked Ri up from school for me and they both came and had dinner with me in the cafeteria. Usually the caf food at Methodist is pretty good. The have a salad bar, a little buffet, 3 different pizza selections and a grill area where you can get a burger, chicken strips, grilled chicken, etc. Last night it was horrible! Ick! Nothing even looked appetizing so I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich from the grill which to my surprise was just a grilled chicken breast on a bun. No lettuce, tomato, mayo or chesse~ nothing!! I couldn't pass up the mashed potatoes and gravy, so that was my dinner. Ri had some sliced turkey breast and mashed taters and she gobbled it all up! So at least she was pleased!

Ri cried on the way out of the hospital. She kept saying she wanted Gabby to come home so we could all be happy again. Poor girlie! She's so sweet (most of the time!!). You'd think she'd be loving life, getting to go to different friend's houses everyday, but I guess she misses her mama!

I'm hoping Day 3 brings us news of busting outta here!! Thanks again to everyone who's keeping Gabs in their thoughts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment