Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Banana Bread

So I was going to do some baking today but decided to go return some things to Target and the mall instead. My new neighbor, Lindsay, gave me her recipe for Banana Bread. She loves to bake and is pretty darn good at it from what I can tell! I have a feeling her living down the street from me isn't going to be so good on my waistband!! She's already promised raspberry muffins and homemade raspberry ice cream! Ugh! It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't such a sucker for the sweet stuff! I've found that as I've gotten older I want sweets more, I used to not really crave it- wish I didn't now! Anyway, Lindsay's Banana Bread is so good, I thought I'd post the recipe!

Lindsay's Banana Bread

Pre heat oven to 350, grease 4 -2lb loaf pans, or 3- 3lb loaf pans
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cubes butter (real butter works best) soften in micro or let sit out
4 eggs well beaten
4 banannas mashed well
2 cups flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Cream together sugar and butter til fluffy. Add well beaten eggs--mix well. Add mashed banannas--mix. Add flour, soda, nuts and vanilla. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until done, toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, start checking at 40 min for doneness. Bread will be dark golden on top when finished also. Enjoy! Try with cream cheese, super yummy!

I'm not sure if you noticed, but her recipe calls for cubes of butter. Lindsay is from Utah where they apparently call sticks of butter- cubes! Funny! I lived in Pennsylvania for a short time and they say all sorts of crazy things! Examples:

"Are yens coming over tonight?" Yens= You guys
"I need to red up the house." Red= clean
"I need to bath Rileigh." Bath= give_______ a bath.
"I'm supposed to be at the doctor for 9:30." For= at
At the grocery store they put their food in a buggy. Buggy=cart

I'm sure there are more but those are the one's I can think of off the top of my head! I think it's fun to hear what different parts of the country call things! I wonder if people think Iowans say funny things (besides calling Soda, Pop)?

No comments:

Post a Comment