Wednesday, April 29, 2009

35 Sucks

I turned 35 in November of last year and so far it sucks!!! I swear, one week before my birthday my body went to pot and hasn't recovered since.



I had been on an antibiotic for a UTI and shortly after I finished taking all of the pills I broke out all over. My face had fine little red bumps on it, I broke out on my chest, back and even on my scalp and probably the worst part was the canker sores in my mouth! I would have two or three at a time and every time one went away, another popped up. I had never had a canker sore in my life and these were painful. I went to the doc and he thought maybe I was having an allergic reaction to the antibiotic so he gave me some steroids. Those helped, but as soon as I was done taking them, all of the symptoms came back but not nearly as bad.



I have started to think this may all be hormone related since it all seems to pop up once a month. It's not nearly as bad as it was at first, but totally irritating. I'm still getting breakouts ,which I hadn't had issues with since high school, and I'm still getting canker sores. What the heck??? Some other things I have noticed are~ craving sweets and carbs, sore neck and shoulder pain, headaches and waking up late at night and not being able to get back to sleep. Gabby's speech therapist suggested I see her doctor who prescribes those bio-whatever hormones. Really??? Do people who are 35 have hormone problems?? I'm thinking I'm too young...............right????



I'm trying to get the sweets and carbs under control by cutting them out of my diet for a few days. I was finding that I was wanting something sweet and carby everyday. I couldn't go to the store without buying doughnuts or pastry, cake or cookies. I have never really been a big sweets person. I would much rather eat a good meal! Gimme a choice between a steak and potato dinner or chocolate cake and I'd pick the steak any day! But lately I HAD to have something bad. I was telling my neighbor, Carrie, and she suggested doing no sugar and carbs for a few days just to knock it outta my system and then maybe the cravings would stop. Day One was HARD!!! I had a massive headache all afternoon and it didn't help matters that Rileigh and I had just gone and bought a ton of candy for May Day baskets. The candy was just sitting on the counter calling out to me "Sarahhhhhh, come eat me!!!". But I didn't! Avoiding sweets is pretty easy but the carbs are tough!!! I'm already sick of eggs and sausage/bacon for breakfast but what else is there? No cereal, breads, muffins, pancakes, waffles~ ugh! And snacks, what about snacks??? Cheese sticks, cottage cheese and veggies and dip can only satisfy for a few days!! My goal is to go for a full week and today is Day 3. No more headaches and I can totally tell that I'm not craving the sweet stuff! So let's see if I can reach my goal. If so, I may try for two weeks and maybe I'll lose a few pounds in the process which would be an added plus!

So if anyone has any no sugar/carb breakfast and snack ideas, I'd love to hear them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment