Friday, May 1, 2009

Still Going Strong

So today is Day 5 of my no sugar (sweets)/no carbs craze and so far I'm doing fine!!! I haven't had even a speck, lick, smidge, or taste of any sort of sweets! This is amazing considering Rileigh got 5 May Day baskets filled to the brim with goodies today!!

I have had just a few carbs, but I'm hoping that they won't count for much considering they aren't horrible carbs. I can hardly stand to eat eggs without toast, so I compromised and got the fajita sized, whole-wheat , carb smart tortillas. Oh yummy!!! So good and it totally makes up for not being able to have a couple of slices of toast!! I had Wendy's chili for dinner the other night, not really realizing that beans have carbs, but I figure that beans are so good for you that that must cancel out the bad stuff!! Right?

I went to lunch today at Los Tres Amigos and finding something carb-free on a mexican menu ain't easy! My friend suggested fajitas with no tortillas, so that's what I had and I can't say I really missed not having the tortilla. It was delish!

A couple of added bonuses:

*Around 2:00 every day I was getting soooo tired and would give anything for a nap. Since I've cut out most of the sugars and carbs, I'm not tired anymore!! I really feel pretty good!

*I have lost 4 pounds! (In 5 days!!) Wasn't why I started on this little journey, but it may keep me going!!!

Still not craving sweets, but I am still missing those carbs! I really, really, really wanted pizza for dinner, but instead I had deli sliced garlic peppered turkey, cottage cheese and carrots and cucumbers with light dressing for dipping.

Next week isn't going to be so easy~ I have to take Gabs to MN to see her Epilepsy doc on Monday. It may be a bit more difficult to eat good on the road! Then my mom is coming for Mother's Day weekend and I'm thinking about making Sunday Brunch. I'm gonna try my darndest to keep it up! I will post updates!!

5 comments:

  1. You go girl!! When I did low card cheese and sausage got me through. Have you tried Diet Rite? It's "pop" that is sweetened with splenda. It's good and has no carbs. When my dad was diagnosed with diabetes he would literally have to eat an oreo and then spit it out he was so desperate :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and that one was Miss Rachel :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, dieting isn't easy!! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a STRONG woman. I am super duper impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, don't be that impressed yet!! Saturday night I ate movie theater popcorn~ how can you not when you're at the movies??? :(

    ReplyDelete