Wednesday, May 13, 2009

BOOBS!!


That got your attention, didn't it??? I posted on my Facebook status the other day that I was going shopping for a new over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder. A couple of my friends responded, saying to have fun. Have fun?? Were they being serious?? I had never considered that bra shopping may indeed be fun for some people. I am not one of those lucky fun bra shopping gals. In fact, I HATE it. One of the girls asked if I would be visiting Victoria's Secret. Well, one of Vicki's secrets is that she doesn't carry bras that can tame my monster melons!! I can't shop for the cute, sexy, push-up versions like most of the female population. Most department stores that I have visited only have two or three different brands that even carry a bra in my size so that cuts my selection way down. From there I usually have a choice between a regular bra or a minimizer which promises to drop your cup size by 1 1/2 inches. A minimizer does make you appear smaller, but lots of times you look smooshed too. I can pick between your basic black, white or beige. No fun colors, no funky patterns, nothing sexy about em!! The back usually consists of at least 3 rows of hooks, the shoulder straps are extra wide and even extra padded and you're lucky to get a pearl or a bow smack dab in the middle. Here's an idea, next time you're at your Grandma's house, raid her bra drawer and I'll bet my bras look pretty much like hers!! So no, bra shopping for me is not fun. I am so jealous of my smaller breasted friends that can find the joy in searching for new undergarments!! If I had the means, I would get a breast reduction in a heartbeat (I actually went for a consultation several years ago and that is a story in it's self!) but for now I'm stuck in the ugly bra club!! Anyone else out there wanna join me??

4 comments:

  1. I have to laugh first of all because I thought you were shopping for a purse when I saw your status on Facebook. I think you should start your own bra company. Have you tried on-line at all? I am sure that's tough since you have to try stuff on to know what it feels like. I have no idea how you feel- I do however have a butt and big feet. Some stores don't know what a butt is when they are making pants, especially capris and shorts. I do know that you are gorgeous! Haha I know what you need!!! A bedazzler!! :D https://www.mybedazzler.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sar - I read an article about this site once who apparently carries cute larger size bras, but since I'm a member of the IBTC I filed it away. However I fished it back out of my saved folders... it IS in Australia so it would be an online-only thing, but they purportedly have free shipping and returns. Dunno it that applies to us in the states: www.bellaforma.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip Kristi! I'm gonna check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh you are so funny!! I have a good website you can find sexy bras at...you'll have to ask me when I come over!!! bra shopping is like jean shopping, when buying either one, you have to wiggle and jiggle into them!! it sucks!! and by the way, i have tiny titties and i like the grandma looking bras, they are so much more comfortable!!

    ReplyDelete