Monday, July 20, 2009

It's Been a While!!

So I haven't written in forever. This has been a pretty tough summer for me. Spring Break was great so I was actually really looking forward to my summer with the girls. Unfortunately, Gabby hasn't been such a happy camper. I'm sure it's because she gets bored, not a lot for her to do. We try to go out and do stuff that she likes, but there is only so much we can do. Lots of her days are spent crying or being crabby. She misses school and right now, so do I!! I haven't posted many blogs due to the fact that by the time I get them to bed, I just wanna veg on the couch.

Ri is at Living History Farms camp this week. She went last year, but because of her age, she only went half days. This year she gets to go full day! She loves it and I hope it is something we'll do for her every summer! Her favorite part is creek stomp day! They wear old shoes and clothes and get to play in the creek. She comes home a filthy mess, but she loves every second of it!

We are also in the process of planning her 8th Birthday Party. She kind of got jilted on her B-Day last year as we were driving to New Mexico for Casey's brother's wedding, so this year we are gonna do it up right!! She's having a bowling party on Aug 1st (her B-day) and then on the 2nd we'll do a little neighborhood party with all the neighbor kids. One of my neighbors has talked me into making my own pinata- so we'll see how that goes. She says it's easy but I'm soooo not a crafty person! If it turns out I will post pics.

Gabby's new bed should be arriving at 1:00 on Friday!! Can't wait! Hope she loves it! She goes to her G.I. Doctor appt. on the 29th and it can't come fast enough. I don't know how much longer I can deal with her issues :(

We are supposed to be going to Texas in mid August. Casey's Great Grandmother is turning 100 so they are throwing a big Birthday bash and family reunion for her. We will fly into Houston and stay with my sister for a few days, so that will be nice! Hoping to get back to the ocean- Gabby and Ri both loved it!

So there is a short update. Hopefully more to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment